Wow, that's amazing! I've just started a blog at the Blogspot platform. Thanks Paul Randal for giving a boot. Nice idea to prove your interest in public speaking and sharing your ideas via blog.

A couple of words about me. I have been working with MS SQL Server for 10 years, this is my primary skill. Also I had experience with Oracle, but this was far ago. English is not my native, so, please be tolerant to my grammar and writing :) Periodically I read articles from SQL bloggers, such as Paul, BrentOzar, Itzik Ben Gan, Pinal Dave and few more. Let me also share my respect to Dmitri Korotkevich and Kalen Delaney, whose books I found very deep, diving into SQL internals.

Currently I'm managing a DB team of 10 people in a bank, and suddenly understand, I'm loosing my technical skills. I'm afraid, this is popular story for developers, started their manager's career. Also, I'd like to create a personal brand, and this post from NotYenBenGan is the first step. I do SQL knowledge sharing sessions at work from time to time, taking the inspiration from public conferences, such as PASS, and books. I'd like to improve this skill, but not sure, I can discover the new land or there is a sense to invent the bicycle again. That's confuses me: I don't want to write about tempdb yet another article, taking the info from my favourite resources and just mix it. Hopefully, mentoring can help me to understand the right way.

I have lots of hobbies, such as running, swimming, football, hicking, cycling, playing the guitar, traveling around the world and so on. That also limits me in time for my SQL activities out of work, unfortunately. Anyway, let's see, how it will go further and thanks for attention, amigos :)

Comments